P5 is a B2B Growth Agency. Our expertise is helping clients with lead generation, marketing automation, sales, and customer acquisition. Everything we do is with an eye to your future.
Customer acquisition requires the integration of multiple components to deliver ROI.
Our mighty team has expertise in each of the skills needed to future-proof your online marketing and sales. Your business is unique and systems tailored to your goals are the most powerful.
Customer Acquisition Strategy and Process
Let’s start with the end in mind: Customer Acquisition. In order to craft the right system, tailored to your business needs, we must first understand:
- Where you are now. How is your website performing? What is working and what is not working?
- Your company vision, mission, and unique value proposition. What makes you stand out?
- Who are your customers? What are the in-depth company profiles and buyer personas for laser targeting?
- Your overall business strategies. This includes your growth goals, and current tactics.
- Your content strategy. What is it?
- What are your current content resources? What do you have now? Is your content is properly targeted to your ideal customer? What content resources do you need?
- Your timelines. How do they mesh with your resources to achieve your growth targets?
Once we have a deep understanding of these items we can formulate a winning strategic game plan and tie together the processes that are needed to achieve your goals, no matter how lofty. Because customer acquisition is the final goal, we work to make sure there is no gap between marketing and sales.
Want to know how to build a successful content strategy? Visit our page and download our eBook on Cornerstone Strategy here.
The most successful companies have at their foundation a website that offers all of the components needed to:
- Attract visitors with:
- Great technical and SEO marketing
- Remarkable content that includes a well-designed blog
- Baked in SEO
- The right social media channels and content
- Convert traffic into leads. This requires:
- Smart architecture and navigation that is designed for ease of use by visitors
- Compelling reasons for people act while on your site by using targeted calls to action, forms and landing pages that convert visitors to leads
- Automation cycles that turn leads into sales into happy customers
- Move people into the sales cycle with:
- automated workflows that activate your sales funnel and acquire customers
- Generate referral business by:
- Delighting customers
- Sending out surveys to enhance client engagement
- Collecting high performance, third-party ratings and testimonials.
Usually this can be achieved by modifying your existing website although in some cases it necessitates building a new site. It’s essential to update, revamp code and re-brand yourself from time to time to keep up with competitors and now may be a golden opportunity. Whichever you choose, we will keep your goals in mind and make sure you are highly visible to the search engines while we communicate your unique value proposition to visitors.
At p5, we use the website methodology Growth-Driven Design (GDD). Rather than create a static site that can produce what we call the “lazy slacker” effect, GDD grows with you. GDD is an ongoing, disciplined, process that continuously improves your site as you gain more clarity on the needs of your visitors and prospects. It also allows you to evolve your site with fresh content as we discover keyword opportunities. We add landing pages, new offers and gated content to continually allow people to “pay to play” by giving you their email.
You will get critical data, tied to your company goals, to know what changes will improve user experience and conversions rates.
Inbound Marketing and Sales
You can hit it out of the park with inbound marketing, but it will only be successful if the bridge to sales is solid and flows through your entire sales funnel. For your business to really grow, it requires cooperation, coordination and effort by marketing and sales.
To achieve that you must:
- Move the lead through the marketing funnel to the “sales qualified” stage (no more sales department saying that marketing leads are no good!
- Know the exact place in the funnel where the handoff happens
- Equip your sales team with the proper training, tools and processes to advance more of these qualified leads to closing
This is why p5 works with both marketing and sales. Our goal is that each understands their roles, what inter-dependencies they have and how to achieve the companies growth goals as a team.
The overarching tool that allows this marriage to happen is the Hubspot CRM. Through this, the marketing automation sequences that save time and promote efficiency can be applied, including drip emails, scripts, repeatable sequences and call recording. All of this allows marketing and sales to convert more leads to sales.
It also makes it possible for the sales manager to know at any given time where leads are in the process, forecast sales and keep salespeople accountable for their performance.
Whether we do your social media, or you have someone in-house, we will ensure that you get the biggest bang for your social media marketing buck. We do this by beginning with an extensive review of your current social media. We will look at:
- The strategy you are employing, including whether your social media marketing is tied to your overall marketing
- The channels you are currently using with a view to matching or shifting your tactics to match your target buyers
- Your goals for your social media
- What stage your social media is in – There are three stages, and we must ensure that you are utilizing the appropriate stage and the correct strategy and tactics for that stage
- Your company “voice” – Has it been identified and if not, what should it be? This is vital for continuity and replicability
- Consistency in your social media efforts – Are they “siloed” or a team effort?
- Focus in your social media efforts – Are they”spaghetti-style” or planned?
- Your budget for paid promotion -Is it adequate or realistic to reach your goals? Are your promotion efforts appropriate?
- Your commitment level – Are you committing sufficient resources (time, money, content, tools) to match your expectations for results?
- Low hanging fruit. Missed opportunities, things you can do in the short-term for improved results
We then meet with your team to review our findings, make suggestions and create the outline for the Social Media Game Plan.
The magic formula for successful Social Media is time, resources, and quality content. Whether we execute your social media marketing for you or provide training for your team members, we will help you grow this part of your marketing into a vibrant, fun method to produce ROI.
Search Engine Optimization
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the ongoing, organic marketing methodology that does four main things:
- It aligns your website content with what your potential customers are looking for
- It determines whether your website ranks above or below competitor sites
- It allows the search engines to determine what your site is about
- It allows search engines (especially Google) to determine if you are technically “worthy” of traffic
There are three main parts to great SEO:
- The “glamorous” part of SEO marketing where your content is strategically produced around baskets of keywords. Each page has its unique keywords and content that is ideally supported by sub-pages and blogs. By doing SEO marketing this way, you build a web of relevant content for your visitors, drawing more and more people to your site as the search engines cache your fresh, connected content. We call this strategy Cornerstone Content Strategy
- A not-so-glamorous, but critical component of great SEO is technical. This is strictly for the search engines, whose rules and algorithms change as the size of the internet grows. Technical elements are code (unbroken), the right kinds of links, eliminating errors and a plethora of other factors. Google, in particular, is forever looking for ways to favor or penalize websites with broken code, links and slow load times. That is just the tip of the iceberg.
- Not glamorous at all, but again critical, is SEO compliance or Search Engine Compliance. Google’s constant algorithm changes pose particular challenges to businesses. You can lose an alarming amount of organic traffic overnight by running afoul of one of their updates. It’s much easier to keep ahead of those changes than to recover from missing one.
Effective SEO management is both an art (remarkable content) and a science (technical and compliance). It requires ongoing checking for errors and searching out changes in algorithms that present challenges and opportunities. The internet is a jungle of competitors and search engine obstacles. Done well, SEO is the single most results-producing marketing strategy you can implement and maintain.
We have prepared a special brief for small business SEO challenges.
At p5, our preferred method is to implement our proprietary “baked in” SEO. NOTE: We begin with an SEO audit described on this page. Before beginning SEO work, we recommend developing a written SEO strategy document as discussed above. This process starts at the architecture stage and is carried out as website content is added. For more about our best practices methods, see our SEO page here.
SEO is foundational to content strategy, website design and an important part of our client’s overall marketing strategy.
Paid Ads and Placement
Paid ads are often a smart move for your business, but you must know there are several factors to consider when deciding how and when to invest in advertising in media like Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Yelp, Twitter, YouTube, and channels like Outbrain:
- Use them to jump-start your online marketing efforts before your SEO kicks in
- Use them to build your social media marketing base in order to accelerate brand awareness
- For eCommerce sites, paid ads are a permanent and essential part of your marketing plan
- When you do Inbound Marketing right, you will start to see organic traffic growth. You may want to dial back some paid efforts or re-target those dollars for additional ads
- As social channels dial down organic reach, you have to get smart about spending targeted dollars to reach ideal customers
Clients are often resistant to this type of marketing because they have spent a lot of dollars here with little return. This changes when we support them to understand how their business fits in with the factors mentioned above. Placing the right kind of ads, at the right time, on the right platforms produces demonstrable ROI. Your business growth is our #1 priority and we want you to have every tool in your marketing toolbox.
In our experience, content development is the single most challenging part of marketing our clients face.
Our content creation team has developed hundreds of pieces of content for a variety of industries. This includes:
- Web page content
- Linkedin pulse articles
- Press releases
- Sales related
- And more.
The common thread to all this content is that it is used to attract, convert and close prospects. To start utilizing content that attracts, converts and closes leads, give us a shout. We offer a no obligation, 30-minute chat to see how we can make your business grow with killer content.
Email and Marketing Automation
Email is still one of the best methods for reaching out to potential new customers and clients. Combined with automation in the form of sequences, you can nurture a lead from start to close. The HubSpot platform we use is an amazing tool for developing email drip marketing campaigns, offers, up-sells, referral requests and loyalty programs.
Automation allows you to implement repeatable processes and campaigns that lead to sales. It also improves the effectiveness of your team. Some of our clients have alleviated the need to hire additional staff through our automation techniques, saving them thousands of dollars and hours of training.
We know automation makes marketing and salespeople more effective while growing sales. And it’s not limited to nurturing leads. You will use it for social media, blogging and offers and it will support your managers through the availability of data and analytics.
For managers, the HubSpot platform and CRM is a dream come true. It provides:
- Actionable data
- Analytics for campaigns and opportunities
- Research and customer mining capabilities – Want to know more or find new leads?
- Performance indicators -Which salespeople are doing well and which aren’t?
- Centralize customer information – If you lose a salesperson or one goes on vacation, anyone can pick up with the potential customer
One last, important thing: Email campaigns, combined with your social media campaigns increase the effectiveness of both.
Want to know more? Give us a call and see how we can design yours.
Bridging Marketing to Sales
It is critical that sales and marketing establish service level agreements (SLAs) that detail each department’s responsibility to the other. We help clients establish business rules that ensure the handoff from marketing to sales goes smoothly.
Too often companies have a disconnect between marketing and sales, that we call the “great chasm”. Marketing works hard, diligently getting well-targeted leads into the CRM with enticing content and offers. The nurturing process begins. At one point in the sales funnel, it’s time to convert the lead into a prospect. This is when the sales handoff should happen in a coordinated way. Like passing the baton in a relay race. But something goes wrong and the handoff stalls. The lead goes off the cliff, into the great chasm. How do you know if this is happening in your business?
Here are a few indicators:
- Salespeople say they did not know they had a lead
- Salespeople say the leads are not good
- The sales manager cannot pinpoint where the lead was lost
- There is little or no actionable data
- Sales are not increasing to meet your growth goals
At p5 we will help you bridge the chasm between marketing and sales with precision and results. Ready to chat about growing your sales by building the bridge between your sales and marketing teams? Contact us!
Inbound selling is a modern skill set that embraces easy-to-use software tools that help salespeople be significantly more efficient and effective. It addresses the new reality of buyers who are educated and informed before they contact a salesperson.
Inbound marketing works hard to drive traffic, generate targeted leads and nurture prospects for sales. But without the right tools, sales-qualified leads can fall into the chasm of no return.
Here is what we mean by Inbound Sales:
- Sales and Marketing use inbound marketing to work as a team toward the same goal, Customer Acquisition
- Protocols that define the exact moment that a sales-qualified lead is turned over to sales and becomes a prospect
- Processes that are repeatable and are automated
- Trackable, actionable sales data for win/lost sales
- The right tools like call and email scripts, call recording and outreach sequences that leverage their communication and efficiency for converting more prospects into customers.
Inbound Sales is an updated method of selling for today’s educated buyer that closes more prospects and generates significant ROI.